Baylor’s MaCio Teague gathers his teammates for a meeting during the second half of an NCAA college basketball gameagainst Kansas State in the second round of the Big 12 Conference tournament in Kansas City, Mo., Thursday, March 11, 2021. Baylor won 74-68. (AP Photo/Charlie Riedel)
- Baylor vs Gonzaga tips off at 9:20 pm ET
- An hour before game-time, Gonzaga was a 4.5-point favorite while the total sat at 159.5
- Follow along below for live updates on the odds, including the point spread, moneyline, and over/under
Tonight at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, the undefeated Gonzaga Bulldogs (31-0) will look to cap off the first perfect season in college basketball since the 1975-76 Indiana Hoosiers and bring the city of Spokane its first national championship. Standing in their way are the Baylor Bears (27-2), who are also in search of their school’s first title.
Despite combining for zero championships, this was the title game many predicted from the start of the season. Gonzaga and Baylor were ranked first and second, respectively, in the preseason AP Poll. The Coaches Poll also had them 1-2, but in the other order. Gonzaga has been the top-rated team at KenPom for all but one week in late December, when they ceded that spot to Baylor.
The oddsmakers give Gonzaga a clear edge, opening the spread at Gonzaga -5. Over the past 48 hours, it has come down half a point. The
Baylor vs Gonzaga National Championship Live Odds
|Team||Spread at DraftKings||Moneyline||Total|
|Baylor Bears||-1 (-114)||-121||Over 158 (-109)|
|Gonzaga Bulldogs||+1 (-110)||-105||Under 158 (-115)|
Odds as of 8:21 pm ET, April 5th.
- 9:29 pm ET: With 15:30 left in the first half, Baylor is up 11-1. They look significantly more athletic that Gonzaga, tracking down four offensive rebounds in the first 4.5 minutes.
- 9:27 pm ET: Baylor is still pitching a shutout (9-0) and Jalen Suggs has two quick fouls for the Zags. Baylor is now a -121 favorite.
- 9:25 pm ET: Up 7-0, Baylor is still a +106 underdog in the full-game odds.
- 9:24 pm ET: Off to a 4-0 start, Baylor is now a -132 moneyline favorite to win the first half.
- 9:22 pm ET: The first-half spread closed at Gonzaga -2.5 with the total at 75.5.
- 9:21 pm ET: The spread closed at 4.5 (-110 both ways). The moneyline stayed at +163/-200, where it had been all day. The total remained at 159.5 after opening at 160.
- 8:30 pm ET: Stay tuned.
This article contains links to external sports betting services. SBD may receive advertising revenue from these links, however editorial has hand-picked each individual link based on relevance to the article, without influence on the coverage.
Sascha was a hockey player in his youth, a lawyer in his capricious mid-20s, and has now been an assigning editor, writer, and lead oddsmaker for SBD for over five years. He covers everything you can possibly put odds on, but specializes in football, baseball, hockey, and basketball.