LFA 103 goes down on Friday, March 26.
- Spike Carlyle headlines LFA 103 in his first fight since his UFC release
- Fernie Garcia competes on the main card and could be UFC-bound with a win
- See the odds, picks, and betting preview for the LFA 103 main card
Legacy Fighting Alliance is back in Shawnee, Oklahoma on Friday, March 26, 2021, for LFA 103. In the main event, Spike Carlyle who was a fan-favorite in the UFC is set to battle Batsumberel Dagvadorj at lightweight. Carlyle is favored over Dagvadorj in the LFA 103 odds.
The co-main event sees Vanessa Demopoulos take on Cynthia Arceo on strawweight.
LFA 103 main card airs live on UFC Fight Pass at 9 PM EST. The table below shows odds for the main card followed by best bets.
LFA 103 Odds
Odds as of March 24
How Will Carlyle Do at Lightweight?
Spike Carlyle went 1-2 in the UFC and was surprisingly released from the promotion given he was a fan-favorite and put on entertaining fights. He will also move up to lightweight for this fight. Batsumberel Dagvadorj, meanwhile, is dropping down in weight after coming up short for the vacant LFA welterweight title last time out.
Carlyle & Dagvadorj Recent Fights
|Bill Alego, loss by decision||Fight 1||Maycon Mendonca, loss by decision|
|Billy Quarantillo, loss by decision||Fight 2||James Terry, win by submission|
|Aalon Cruz, win by TKO||Fight 3||Joaquin Lopez, win by decision|
|Jean-Paul Bosnoyan, win by TKO||Fight 4||Chamber Siddique, win by TKO|
Although this fight will take place at lightweight, there will likely be a big size difference. Carlyle was never a massive featherweight, while Dagvadorj could very well still be fighting at welterweight.
Early on in the fight, I do expect Carlyle to come out aggressive as he normally does and look for the knockout punch. Carlyle goes all out for the first round and tends to gas out after that and I don’t expect that change, especially with an additional 10 pounds on him.
Once Carlyle gasses, Dagvadorj should then be able to implement his game plan of using his wrestling and jab. Carlyle is very durable, however, and I don’t expect Dagvadorj to be able to finish him. Instead, I do think Carlyle will win the first round, but Dagvadorj will take the second and third as Carlyle will gas and win a very close decision.
Pick: Batsumberel Dagvadorj (+105)
Other LFA 103 Picks:
- Vanessa Demopoulos (-250): Demopulos just fought for the LFA title and lost a majority decision. This should be a bounce-back fight for her to take Arceo down and get an early submission.
- Abdul-Kareem Al-Selwady (-320): Al-Selwady has been competing in Brave and lost two in a row, but I expect him to keep it standing and pick Sebastian apart for a decision win.
- Fernie Garcia (-280): Fernie Garcia should be in the UFC, and I expect him to get the submission win to book his ticket to the promotion.
- Juancamilo Ronderos (-220): Ronderos is a top flyweight prospect, and has a win over a UFC veteran in his last fight. I expect his grappling to be the difference and he will win a decision.
Cole graduated from Sheridan College in April of 2019 with a diploma in journalism. He now is a full-time freelance writer, focusing on MMA for sites like BJPENN and MMA News, while also covering the Toronto Blue Jays as a credentialed media member. At SBD, Cole covers the four major sports and MMA.