With Lionel Messi’s future far from certain at the end of the season, his former team-mate Neymar has apparently reached out to the Barcelona captain about a move to Paris Saint-Germain.
Brazilian superstar Neymar played alongside the six-time Ballon d’Or winner for four LaLiga seasons between 2013 and 2017, before sealing a world-record transfer to Ligue 1 giants
It is understood Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City are ready to make a play to bring Messi to the Premier League, but Mauricio Pochettino’s PSG appear to be taking the direct approach.
TOP STORY – NEYMAR PUTS IN A CALL TO MESSI
Lionel Messi‘s contract at his boyhood club expires in the off-season, less than a year after the Barcelona superstar sensationally tried to leave Camp Nou but found his exit plans blocked.
According to L’Equipe, Neymar – who is set to miss the Champions League trip to the Barcelona on Tuesday – has put in a call to convince Messi to join Paris Saint-Germain.
Messi will lead out Barca in the first leg of the last-16 tie, having stated he will wait until the end of the current campaign before making a decision on where he will play in 2021-2022.
Neymar is rumoured to have called Lionel Messi to persuade him to join PSG this summer https://t.co/ps2usIAtCP
— footballespana (@footballespana_) February 15, 2021
– PSG star Kylian Mbappe has decided to stay put this off-season but is not planning on extending his current contract, which expires in 2022, claims ESPN.
– Liverpool are looking for defensive reinforcements and they are monitoring Aston Villa’s England Under-21 international Ezri Konsa, according to The Athletic.
– Bayern Munich’s free-agent defender David Alaba has already agreed to join Real Madrid at season’s end, reports Fabrizio Romano.
David Alaba has reached a verbal agreement with Real Madrid since the beginning of January. His pre-contract until June 2025 is ‘almost ready’ – not signed yet.
Chelsea, Liverpool as other clubs are still trying to convince him… but Alaba’s priority is joining Real Madrid https://t.co/LITUivZexn
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) February 15, 2021
– Luis Suarez has a contract clause that would make him a free agent in the off-season, but the Atletico Madrid forward has no intention of using it, according to Marca.
– Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti is interested in making a move for Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot, reports France Football.