DC vs SRH in IPL 2021: What comes a nightmarish start to Sunrisers Hyderabad, the likes of SRH big guns in form of David Warner, skipper Kane Williamson and Manish Pandey failed against DC. The trio couldn’t stand on the expectations as SRH looked to resume their IPL 2021 Phase 2 after a forgetful run in the first phase. Follow IPL 2021 live updates on insidesport.co and live streaming on Star Sports & Hotstar.
While Warner departed for a duck, Williamson struggled big time as he managed to score just 18 runs off 26 balls. Manish Pandey added to SRH trouble by getting dismissed for just 17 runs.
David Warner, Kane Williamson and Manish Pandey fail big against Delhi Capitals; 10 KEY POINTS
- SRH were off their worst start to IPL 2021 Phase 2 as Williamson, Pandey and Warner (duck) managed just 35 runs.
- Kane Williamson batted at a strike rate of under 70 as he struggled badly against DC. His overall strike rate is 114 in IPL 2021.
- The SRH captain has just managed a half-century in his five appearances in IPL 2021.
- David Warner failed big time as he departed for a duck. His strike rate of 110 is also under scanner for SRH.
- If Warner fails to perform, then SRH might have to opt for Jason Roy. It could be tough for Englishmen to deliver from game one.
- Manish Pandey failed to make use of the opportunity as he threw away his wicket after getting set.
- The right-handed batsman has failed to score big despite good starts. His last few scores read 11, 37, 26 and 31.
- The fate of SRH in IPL 2021 depends on these three players’ batting performance. With the absence of T Natarajan for the next few matches, the trio needs to add extra runs with the bat.
- SRH had managed just one win in the first phase of IPL 2021. They are placed on the last position in IPL 2021 Points Table.
- Warner and Pandey were returning to action after 5 months. Meanwhile, Williamson had last featured against India in WTC Final 2021. The absence of cricket hurt them badly, it has become a pattern in IPL 2021.
DC vs SRH in IPL 2021: Absence of cricket
Warner, Williamson and Pandey’s dismissal were quite familiar with the recent struggle with RCB’s AB de Villiers, Glenn Maxwell and a number of CSK players. The players are away from the action in the last five months.
“It’s going to be difficult for him [MS Dhoni], because once you are not playing international cricket, the IPL is a very difficult tournament, it’s not like CPL and other leagues. IPL is where you face top-quality bowlers,” Gautam Gambhir had told GamePlan.
The above statement is applicable to all the batsmen who have missed live cricket for the last few months.
For more sports news and IPL 2021- DC vs SRH live score updates, follow us at insidesport.co