DC vs SRH in IPL 2021: What comes as bad news for Delhi Capitals, allrounder Marcus Stoinis has pulled off his muscle in the opener against Sunrisers Hyderabad. The incident occurred during the 9th over as he left the field after bowling the very first delivery. “That doesn’t look good. Seems like Stoinis has pulled a muscle there,” DC said in a tweet post. Physio Patrick Farhart quickly took him off the field after attending him for few minutes. Follow IPL 2021 live updates on insidesport.co and live streaming on Star Sports & Hotstar.
— Delhi Capitals (@DelhiCapitals) September 22, 2021
DC vs SRH in IPL 2021: Marcus Stoinis UPDATES
- Marcus Stonis will not be available for batting as per the latest update from Star Sports’ on-air commentator Kevin Pietersen. Steve Smith has taken the field in place of Stoinis against SRH.
- The allrounder was one of the keys to DC success as they made it to the finals in the last edition of IPL in UAE. He had slammed 352 runs and took 13 wickets. But, Stoinis managed just 71 runs and 2 wickets in the first phase of IPL 2021.
- DC does not have a like-to-like replacement for Marcus Stoinis. They will have to choose from Steve Smith, inexperienced Ben Dwarshuis or pacer Tom Curran.
- Having said that Ben Dwarshius has an impressive performance in T20s with over 2300+ runs and 100 wickets in 82 T20Is. He needs to deliver as the sixth bowler and contribute with the bat. It will be tough for him to deliver in a league of IPL calibre from game one.
- DC might sail into the playoff but Stoinis’ absence could be a worry for the franchise in the knockout stages of IPL 2021.
Things don’t seem good for DC as the development comes ahead of the upcoming T20 World Cup. He was named in the Australian squad for the showpiece tournament. Usually a calf injury takes from 4-6 weeks to recover, If the condition is severe, Stoinis might miss the entire UAE leg of IPL 2021.
For more sports news and IPL 2021- DC vs SRH live score updates, follow us at insidesport.co